Tejo Portugal Tours
Tejo Portugal Tours
Hotel pick up and drop off, fresh water on board, visit of the points of interest and leisure.
Meals and entrance fees to the monuments are not included.
From 75€/person | 5-8 people | 9h00 – 18h00 | 380 Km
Universidade – Tempo Romano – Catedral – Capela dos Ossos – Reguengos de Monsaraz – Arraiolos
25 de Abril Bridge
Passage with panoramic view over Lisbon.
Évora was appointed UNESCO World Heritage in 1986. According to the organisation, Évora is a museum city whose roots date back to the Roman times. The golden era was in the XVI. century, when the town was residence of the Portuguese kings.
São Francisco Church
The Church of São Francisco is of Gothic-Manueline architecture and was built between the years 1480 and 1510. The convent of São Francisco of Évora was the first religious house of Franciscan Order in Portugal, being founded in the XII. century.
The Chapel of Bones was established in the XVII. century on the initiative of three Franciscan monks whose aim was to transmit the message of the transience and fragility of human life. This message is clearly delivered to the visitors at the entrance through the note: „We bones that are lying here, are awaiting yours“.
Roman Temple of Évora
The Roman temple was built at the beginning of the I. century B.C. and is located in the historic city centre. Looking at this Roman temple, also (erroneously) known as Diana Temple, is like a time travel to the past, idealizing times that are gone forever. It’s one of the most important historic landmarks of Évora, if not the most important, and also one of the most visible symbols of the Roman occupation in the town.
Better known as Évora Cathedral or Évora Sé, the real name is Basílica Sé de Nossa Senhora da Assunção. It’s the biggest medieval cathedral in Portugal and there’s nothing comparable in the rest of the country.
Reguengos de Monsaraz
Due to the proximity to Albufeira do Alqueva, the megalithic heritage, its handicrafts and wines, Reguengos de Monsaranz nowadays is a city encountering a huge touristic interest, which has led to a significant development in the last years.
The castle of Monsaraz performed the role of sentry of Guidiana, from where the border with Castela could be observed. The medieval village of Monsaraz, protected by its walls, is a small settlement, with streets of slate and whitewashed walls. The background presents a stunning view over the landscape of Alentejo and Albufeira de Alqueva, one of the biggest artificial lakes in Europe.