Tejo Portugal Tours
Tejo Portugal Tours
Hotel pick up and drop off, fresh water on board, visit of the points of interest and leisure.
Meals and entrance fees to the monuments are not included.
From 50€/person | 5-8 pax | 9h00 – 13h00 / 13h00 – 17h00 | 70 Km
Quinta da Regaleira – Palácio da Pena – Vila de Sintra – Palácio de Seteais
Quinta da Regaleira
One of the most surprising locations of Sintra. Its gardens and enigmatic constructions, like the tunnel of initiation, embody a mystic symbolism and secret characteristics connected to the freemasons.
A fascinating fairytale castle, located in one of the highest peaks of the Sintra Mountains. The Palace comprises two wings: the old Manueline convent of the Order of Saint Jerome and the wing that was established in the XIX century by D. Fernando II. D. Fernando transformed an old convent in a palatial residence of romantic influences. He ordered to plant the park of Pena in the areas surrounding the Palace in the style of romantic gardens, with serpentine roads and stone benches as waypoints, as well as trees and other plants from all over the world, taking advantage of the humid climate of the mountains of Sintra and creating from scratch an exotic park with over five hundred tree species.
Village of Sintra
The mild climate of Sintra, combined with the frequent presence of the royal court, made the Sintra Mountains the favorite place of the Portuguese aristocracy, especially in the Manueline era and right after in the kingdom of D. João III. Often surrounded by a mist, disguising the mountain peaks and turning them mysterious, was one of the favorite reasons for the stay of the big writers and romantic artists, searching for exotic and enigmatic corners with potential to inspire, multiply sensations, a place of love to nature that emanates from the sublime huge and threatening rocks.
The palace was built in the XVIII. century at the request of the Dutch consul Daniel Gildemeester on a terrain ceded by Marquês de Pombal. Later on, the initial Palace of Seteais underwent an important campaign of neoclassical constructions, supported by the 5th marquis of Marialva who, in 1797, acquired a house on the property. The marquis of Marialva lived in his new palace only for a short period of time, as he died in 1803. The luxury hotel, inaugurated in 1954, preserved the existing building which is conserved as a hotel until nowadays. The back facade takes to the garden, where, framed by the triumphal arch, in the Penedo da Saudade, the mountains and the palace of Sintra extend themselves, confirming the appropriate scenic choice of the Dutch consul.